Here is a little write up on my 2018 JKU Shara in Gobi. I ordered the Jeep in August of 2017 and have done all mods and work myself with the exception of mounting and balancing the tires.
This is hands down the best vehicle I have ever owned and I have owned more than I probably should have. It currently has 68,000 miles with a good many of those off road. The only thing I had added from the factory was LSD. If I had known a bit more about the ins and outs of Wranglers, I would have bought the Willys package. 5000 mile oil changes. 5000 mile tire rotations. 10000 mile air filter changes.
In no particular order:
Stuff I bought.
- Rubicon Recon shocks and springs. This added not quite a full inch of lift.
- Wrangler black fender flares (thanks random stranger!)
- MOPAR Winter steel wheels.
- BFG KO2 285/75/17 These fit well but on a hard right turn, the inner portion of the tire rubs.
- JKS Swaybar Quick Disconnects.
- Warn 8274 Winch w/150 feet steel cable.
- Quadratec 4 inch Aux lights.
- El Cheapo 2 inch rear cube lights from Northern Tool.
- Blue sea systems fuse box under driver seat for lights, radio, gps, etc.
- Blue Sea 500 amp on/off switch for Warn winch.
- ARB 48 inch awning.
- Jeep brand mud flaps that I got at a discount shop. Don't lie...you are super jealous!
- Garmin external GPS antenna.
- External ham radio antenna.
- For both antennas, I did drill through the roof and then used water tight fasteners and O rings. Never leaked at the drilled holes.
Stuff I made.
- Front bumper from 5 inch C channel.
- Rear bumper from 5 inch C channel.
- Front skid plate 3/16 steel.
- Front and rear drawer system from 1/2 inch birch.
- Added remote on/off switch and spool in/out switch for winch on the driver side of dash. Big red covered switch because it looks cool.
- Sleeping pad from 4 inch dog memory foam beds. Way more comfortable than they should be!
- Tailgate table from 2 really large 1/2 cutting boards bought at a local restaurant supply shop.
- Window MOLLE mounts that I designed and had CNC plasma cut and powder coated. I use to sell these on my site but it was ultimately not successful and I barely broke even. If I ever get a good amount of interest in these again, I may make another run.
- Roof rack was designed by me to use Smittybuilt mounts. I had the spacers CNC plasma cut from the same place and then I spent a few evenings welding everything up. Total weight is 65 pounds. I slop coated khaki paint on it I had left over.
- Roof was painted white with metal building roof paint. This cuts down on the heat SIGNIFICANTLY. I did an comparison with my wife's' Wrangler on a 90 degree day and it was 25 degrees cooler inside my jeep. This is the best mod of them all.
Stuff I might add later.
- AEV Snorkel Kit
- Fox shocks 2.5 when these wear out
- Heavier springs
- 4.1 front and rear gears with locker
- Mann Scheel Seats